Remember Chain Letter, by Christopher Pike? It creeped me out when I first read it in middle school. Luckily I didn’t get too many chain letters in the mail back then. Now once I got email, that was a whole other story. It’s not just chain letters now, it’s “if you LURVE your friends, please send this to eleventy-billion others” type things. Me? I hit “delete” and don’t think twice.
However, I do make an exception for these blog “tags” where you get to find out all sorts of random fun about your favorite bloggers. I’m nosy like that.
So when Brandi tagged me recently, I was very happy to participate! I got to meet Brandi in person last year at BlogHer Food 2011 and she was just as awesome in real life as she is on her blog!
- Post these rules
- You must post 11 random things about yourself.
- Answer the questions set for you in their post.
- Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
- Go to their blog and tell them that you’ve tagged them.
- No stuff in the tagging section about “you are tagged if you are reading this”. You legitimately have to tag 11 people.
11 Random things about me:
1. I love mushy fries, not the crispy ones. Mr. Spice always seems to end up with more, so I trade my crispy ones for his mushy ones. Sometimes I just steal his mushy fries.
2. I lettered in Scholar’s Bowl my senior year of high school. Yup, I’m a bona fide nerd.
3. I am extremely flat-footed. Meaning I pretty much have no arch in my foot.
4. When I was little, I somehow convinced myself the light reflecting on the tiles in the bathtub wall was a face looking back at me while I was sitting on the toilet.
5. Building on #4, I would make my younger sister keep me company in the bathroom while I took a shower because I was scared to be in there alone, but I would ditch her when it was her turn. Oh the perks of being an older sister!
6. A recurring nightmare for me is that I have to use a public bathroom or a bathroom in someone else’s house and the toilet paper I’m using to line the seat keeps falling off and I have to go NOW. I know, I’m weird.
7. I am deathly scared of needles and blood. I have to lie down when getting shots or blood drawn because I get light-headed and faint. Good thing I didn’t follow through on my high school plans to be a doctor!
8. I can’t sing to save my life and will just mouth along with everyone when they’re singing Happy Birthday to someone. Trust me, that’s the best birthday gift I could give you.
9. Without fail, if I’m alone at night I end up watching shows about murders, ghosts, and hauntings and freak myself out. Once Mr. Spice was gone for a whole week and I had to start watching House Hunters late at night and sleep with the lights on.
10. We’ve had Chloe for almost 2 years, and I’m still a little scared of her. It doesn’t help that she likes to stalk me and pounce on me. But I love her. 🙂
11. I like my steak on the medium-well/well-done side. Sorry, don’t like seeing my meat reddish-pink. Shun me if you must.
11 Questions From Brandi:
1. What movie can you watch over and over again, no matter how many times you’ve seen it? Am I allowed a tie? Clueless and 13 Going on 30. And maybe add Dazed and Confused. I’ll leave off my Bollywood faves.
2. What’s your favorite band right now? Hmmm. I don’t have a favorite in particular at the moment, I have a bad habit of liking whatever’s on our top 40 pop station.
3. If someone made a movie of your life, who would you want to play you? Mindy Kaling, because she is hilarious and would get the whole growing up brown in America thing.
4. One food you wouldn’t eat as a kid that you love now? Hmm, that’s hard because I still don’t like a lot of the things I hated as a kid. I used to hate the browned onions that often garnished or were incorporated into Indian/Bengali dishes. I don’t mind them now and actually appreciate what they add to a dish.
5. Last book you read? Mockingjay. I stayed up to 1 am Saturday morning to finish it.
6. What is your favorite memory from high school? Not any one in particular, but senior year. I was finally starting to come out of my shell and my parents were finally easing up on being so strict with me, so I was able to enjoy things more.
7. If you could have a dinner party and invite 5 people (famous or not), who would you invite and why? Right now? My sister and 4 of my cousins with whom we’ve been trying to plan a cousin’s get-together. We can never seem to coordinate our schedules and time zones since we are spread out over at least 3 continents at last count.
8. Scariest movie you’ve ever seen? The Exorcism of Emily Rose. Anything about exorcisms and possession scares the hell out of me. I can do ghosts, but not those.
9. What song is stuck in your head right now? “Moves like Jagger,” by Maroon 5. It’s catchy, what can I say?
10. Quirkiest thing about you that most people don’t know – go! I read cookbooks like novels. I don’t know if that’s THE quirkiest thing about me, but that’s what I came up with.
11. What do you love about yourself? That I am who I am and shouldn’t have to change myself to make others happy.
11 questions for you:
1. How did you meet your significant other? Juicy details, please!
2. Where’s the last place you went for vacation?
3. You have a round-the-world plane ticket and you can pick 5 places to go. Where are you going?
4. What’s your favorite spice?
5. You have a surprise day off , how are you spending it?
6. What is one thing you refuse to eat, no matter how much someone offered to pay you?
7. Have you always lived where you are currently living?
8. What was your biggest cooking/baking flop?
9. Name a dish you’ve had at a restaurant that you’ve been able to successfully recreate at home.
10. Cilantro — love it or hate it?
11. What’s the gutsiest thing you’ve ever done?
Tag, you’re it!
Raj and Sonia (counting them as 2!)
You don’t have to be tagged above to answer my questions. Go on, fuel my nosiness!
PS – The Alexia Foods “Reinvent a Classic” Fry Challenge is still going on! Voting takes place daily on the Alexia Foods Facebook page. Please keep voting for my Bruschetta Waffle Fries, we’ve made tremendous gains in the past couple weeks and I have a good chance of winning and having my fries produced by Alexia Foods! When you vote, don’t forget to enter for a weekend getaway for 2 in San Francisco! Thanks!