Really, I am not that conceited. I promise. 🙂
I was so excited when I got this award from the lovely Priyanka of The Healthy Diary. I love reading her blog because she focuses on healthy eating and making healthy Indian food. Two thumbs up from me!
While I have had plenty of opportunities to find out lots of cool facts about some of my favorite bloggers, now I get to return the favor and share 7 fun things about me. And then I get to pass the award on to 7 other bloggers.
Let’s get started! These are not in any particular order.
1. I have an almost unholy love for nacho cheese tortilla chips. They don’t have to be Doritos brand, I actually prefer the store brands because they are spicier.
2. I HATE cilantro, especially in its raw form. If it’s been cooked into something I will mildly tolerate it. Maybe.
3. I’ve been blogging about cooking and bentos for almost 2.5 years. Over the years I have changed names and domains but Spice’s Bites feels like home to me now.
4. I am shy by nature and especially in large groups, but once I’m comfortable around you, watch out!
5. I had 2 poems published in a local university’s literary magazine in high school. All efforts to write since then have suffered from too grandiose ideas that this will be “the novel” and then I freak out and can’t think of more to write. I have a great collection of ideas and random lines that I’m sure would make a great story but lack the time and inclination to put forth the effort to do something about it.
6. For some reason people think I’m very innocent and try to shield me from stuff like cussing, drinking, and smoking. In fact, throughout college I was the focus of a “corruption” project initiated by my friends. (Mom, if you’re reading this, this fact never existed!!)
7. I hate using public restrooms. I would rather hold it for hours than use one and have done so. I’ll use the one at work because they clean it and a limited number of people use it; I will also sometimes use movie and airport ones because they tend to clean those frequently. I hate bathrooms on planes, trains, and buses because they’re tiny and freak me out. Clearly I have potty issues.
So now that you know more than you ever wanted to know about me, it’s time to pass the torch!
1. Christie at Honoring Health
2. Christina at Dinner at Christina’s
3. Jenn at Eating Bender
4. Laura at Hey What’s For Dinnner Mom
5. Mara at I Made Dinner
6. Kelly at Happy Texans
7. Jessica at Jess Likes it Hot
Congrats, ladies! Hope to read more about you soon!