This tangy, spicy, creamy dip is everywhere on the interwebs, and for good reason — it tastes that good. Chunks of chicken, buffalo wing sauce, cream cheese, ranch dressing, and cheese combine into an ooey-gooey melange of deliciousness. Here is my version of it.
Buffalo Chicken Dip
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Buffalo wing sauce, any flavor
2 8 oz. blocks of Neufchâtel cheese or low-fat cream cheese
1 cup Hidden Valley Spicy Ranch dressing
1.5 cups shredded Mexican cheese
sliced green onions for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Place chicken breasts on baking sheet that has been lined with foil. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper, then drizzle some hot sauce on top. Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Cool.
2. Once chicken has cooled, transfer chicken to a cutting board or plate and cut into small pieces and set aside.
3. Heat a large saute or frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and Neufchâtel cheese, and let the cheese melt and coat the chicken. Add the dressing, then add wing sauce to taste – you’ll need more than you think, just because of all the cream cheese. Add 1 cup of the shredded cheese, and stir until cheese has melted.
4. Spoon dip into an oven-safe serving dish, then sprinkle remaining shredded cheese and the sliced green onions. At this point you can pop it into the oven for about 15-20 minutes to melt the cheese, or refrigerate for later use.
5. Serve with crinkle-cut carrot slices, celery chunks, and tortilla chips.
For a twist try making my Buffalo Chicken Mac & Cheese!