How I feel this morning is perfectly summed up in 3 letters.
I’ve got that groggy, bloated, thirsty, just general blehhh feeling. To say I went a little crazy yesterday is an understatement. You saw all the good eats we had at yesterday’s lunch. But nobody wanted to take the leftovers home, leaving all that temptation to taunt me. And I gave in. Never mind that I decided 2010 was going to be my year and that I would start out strong. The call of the leftovers was stronger. I also realized there were a couple things that were bothering me yesterday and I chose to smother the feelings with food.
I need to quit setting goals and motivation by dates. Because by that logic, I have already failed myself within the first 24 hours of the new year. So I’m not going to think that way because that’s very depressing.
Instead I’m going to set some goals for this year. Not resolutions, those are just made to be broken.
- I will participate in at least one 5K. I will probably need to start out with walking, but I would like to work my way up to jogging part of it.
- I will finish a freakin’ knitting project!! I have this one that is on-going and will likely have to be finished by any future great-grandchildren at the rate I’m going. So I may not finish that this year, but there are other smaller ones I can do.
- I will cook more out of my cookbooks. What’s the point of obsessively buying cookbooks if I’m not going to experiment?
- I will start taking better care of myself. I’m leaving this one broad and vague, but it could certainly encompass eating healthy, getting massages and facials, doing yoga, etc.
- I will embrace and enjoy 2010. This year is a big one for me — I’m turning 30 in a few days and have a whole new decade to look forward to.
I’m sure I could set goals all day, but then that would be counter-productive for me.
Happy New Year!